• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letzgo Hunting - anything wrong with that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Some parents are beyond comprehension.

Why would anyone dress their daughter as a prostitute then put pictures of her on facebook?

A 12 year old girl - heels, (very)mini-skirt, low cut top, standing in provocative pose. The mother's comments "My beautiful daughter, I'm so proud."
    And did you look out of place even in '62?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Are we talking about vigilante justic against suspected pedos, or vigilante honeytrap operations to gather evidence?
      Just for gathering evidence. And only because the police aren't doing their job.

And honeytraps are quite legal. Police often setup lorries with back door open and boxes of goods on display. Then nab anyone who has a go.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Some parents are beyond comprehension.

Why would anyone dress their daughter as a prostitute then put pictures of her on facebook?

A 12 year old girl - heels, (very)mini-skirt, low cut top, standing in provocative pose. The mother's comments "My beautiful daughter, I'm so proud."
        My mother hates that I am a virgin and is pressurising me to have sex | Life and style | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Personally I would much rather some nonce topped himself rather than kids get molested. Clearly I am old fashioned.

I don't understand modern society.
          But the fact is that he wasn't a nonce, he was accused by the public and took his own life, it raises the question for anonymity of suspects pre convition
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            But the fact is that he wasn't a nonce, he was accused by the public and took his own life, it raises the question for anonymity of suspects pre convition
            Yep, it's such an emotive subject that even entirely baseless suspicion can lead to lynchings.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A guy in the North East who was arrested as a suspect in a kiddie fiddling case has his flat fire bombed. Subsequently it was proven he was very defintely not guilty. Still he was getting chased and had to leave town and so on.

There really ought to be more help for folk in such a position.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                A guy in the North East who was arrested as a suspect in a kiddie fiddling case has his flat fire bombed. Subsequently it was proven he was very defintely not guilty. Still he was getting chased and had to leave town and so on.

...and perhaps from many people a slightly more rational attitude toward these issues? Firstly, accept that suspicion does not equal guilt, and secondly understand that while there's so much fury around it'll be damn near impossible to persuade people with paedophile feelings to go and get help or assist in researching the issue.

Yes, it's appalling, but there are lots of appalling things that people do, and the key to reducing that is to understand what leads them to do those things.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  From the article :-
                  But police said the 29-year-old had not been charged with any offences.

The Leicestershire force would not say what crime Mr Cleary had been arrested on suspicion of, but confirmed he had been interviewed by officers and released on bail.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yep, it's such an emotive subject that even entirely baseless suspicion can lead to lynchings.
                  Which is why it would be better if the police did the evidence gathering.

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

There needs to be help for children who end up suffering. Has Jimmy Savile taught us nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Which is why it would be better if the police did the evidence gathering.
                    Indeed, and not vigilantes.

Comment

What a sad story.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X