• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Genes for Jeans Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    An inyeresting take on charity I wad told by a friend.

His works with a buy who refuses to give to charity for the resons you mention. Instead whenever he travels to a word world country wbar he does is this - finds a well deserving individual who has an interesting story to tell and has performed some favours for him.

He was in Cambodia last year. His Wickshore driver was saving up to study to be an accountant. He didn't have his own motor - he was renting it and that meant he didn't get to save anything. So, he went to an ATM, withdrew 500 quid or so and but the little guy a motor.
    Typing on an iPad were we?

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      An inyeresting take on charity I wad told by a friend.

His works with a buy who refuses to give to charity for the resons you mention. Instead whenever he travels to a word world country wbar he does is this - finds a well deserving individual who has an interesting story to tell and has performed some favours for him.
      Sounds more like goes and pays for some ad hoc hooker action to me.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Check here:
        Find charities - Charity Commission

You need to search for GENETIC DISORDERS UK

stupid Charity commission web site doesn't let you link directly to the appropriate data
        Linky
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Q. What happens to my £2 donation?
          A. Genes for Jeans takes their cut. What’s left over is donated to related charities in the UK or abroad. That 2nd charity will take their cut and will eventually be spent on anything from advertising to research. Paddy’s gestimate (based on other charities) is less than 10p
          I call it a scam.
          60.5% goes on charitable activities, so from your £2 it would be £1.21

Close with your < 10p estimate.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

What is a "charitable activity"? Placing an advert in a newspaper? Doing a survey?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Less than that. Actual spend on charitable activities was £0.95m from an income of £1.85m so the percentage of your £2 that gets spent on what you think it will be spent on is 51%, or £1.02

If that spend is actually in the form of donations to other charities and the same relative spends apply then it's down to about 50p

Their classification entry states:

• MAKES GRANTS TO ORGANISATIONS
              • PROVIDES SERVICES
              • PROVIDES ADVOCACY / ADVICE / INFORMATION
              • SPONSORS OR UNDERTAKES RESEARCH
              • ACTS AS AN UMBRELLA OR RESOURCE BODY
              So a good chunk of what they get is not actually spent themselves but given to other charities.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                Typing on an iPad were we?
                I don't think what chunk does could be called typing. It looks like he is using his fists rather than fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I always wear jeans to work on a Friday.

But tomorrow I've got my graduation so will be dressing up as Harry Potter (with a nice dress underneath).
                  wouldn't that make you Hermione Granger?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    wouldn't that make you Professor McGonagall?
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      FTFY
                      from to in one post
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X