• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn Oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Even if it means sitting opposite a tosspot and making small talk?

Literally my idea of hell.
    Isn't that the definition of most first dates?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I'd interpret that to mean that you must also be an enormous tosspot.

There is no such thing, in my view, as an agreeable agent. I invariably now only deal with the more senior pimps, and find them to be as w@nky as their junior colleagues.
      I work with a handful of agents who are decent, likeable, intelligent, make good conversation and (shock horror) actually appear to work for me; even calling with minor updates about contract negotiations rather than me having to chase them.

They seem to recognise that good quality, marketable talent is harder to find than clients.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Isn't that the definition of most first dates?
        Precisely darling d000hg, hence me never doing it again!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I work with a handful of agents who are decent, likeable, intelligent, make good conversation and (shock horror) actually appear to work for me; even calling with minor updates about contract negotiations rather than me having to chase them.

They seem to recognise that good quality, marketable talent is harder to find than clients.
          I've come across, I think, two like that. On the phone at least, cos I'd still never meet the bellends.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Why? Is it just me that goes to all available lengths to avoid meeting agents in the flesh, or visiting their offices?
            No, I insist on clothes being worn too.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

An agent account manager I was talking to said that people are far more likely to accept LinkedIn requests from pretty female agents than blokes. Gets them into your contacts far more easily.

I remember a chat with a law firm partner years ago on a similar subject, I suppose it's the same thing for agents. I commented that he had a lot of young pretty women in his department, he said that if he's going to spend 10-14 hours a day in an office with no life while taking the risk of being an owner of a company then he's not going to settle for having to spend the time with fat munters or beardy old blokes. Not very PC but, well, I can see his point...

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I'd interpret that to mean that you must also be an enormous tosspot.

There is no such thing, in my view, as an agreeable agent. I invariably now only deal with the more senior pimps, and find them to be as w@nky as their junior colleagues.
                Ah, I think I see where the problem resides.

Comment

Precisely darling d000hg, hence me never doing it again!
                  I meant for him not you!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X