• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Ideas

So iv got some few quids laying arround - And im thinking to my self hmmm it will be nice to go for a city break.. (A weekend or so)

where do you guys think its nice (Europe though) -

I intend to go to 2 countries within 3 days. Any suggestions? (More like Leave on a Friday after work and return on Sunday)

(Im single btw )

P.S - I have already been to Italy,France,Belgium,

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    So iv got some few quids laying arround - And im thinking to my self hmmm it will be nice to go for a city break.. (A weekend or so)

where do you guys think its nice (Europe though) -

I intend to go to 2 countries within 3 days. Any suggestions? (More like Leave on a Friday after work and return on Sunday)

(Im single btw )

P.S - I have already been to Italy,France,Belgium,
    Iraq and Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
      So I've got a few quid lying around - And I'm thinking to my self "hmmm it will be nice to go for a city break.. (A weekend or so)"

Where do you guys think is nice (Europe though) ?

I intend to go to 2 countries within 3 days. Any suggestions? (More like leave on a Friday after work and return on Sunday)

(I'm single btw )

PS. - I have already been to Italy,France,Belgium.
      Maybe somewhere that teaches English?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Munich - Salzburg
        Veinna - Bratislava
        Copenhagen - Gothenburg
        Riga - Tallinn, etc etc

The choices are endless, it's more about what you want to get from the break.

Comment

Grow a Hitler tache and visit Bavaria and putsch on to Munich
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Amsterdam is apparently good for single travellers, although a good idea to book things in advance as I gather the queues can get hectic. It's on my list of places to go next year, when it gets a bit warmer!

There are also the German Christmas markets in a few months.

Or Iceland if you fancy hot springs, treks, horse rides and snorkelling in icy waters. A solo-travelling friend of mine has just come back from there and she loved it.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Why waste time with 2 countries in 3 days?

Just pick one place and enjoy it for longer
              Last edited by jmo21; 20 September 2013, 08:58.

Comment

Talinn

Comment

I went for a long weekend to Istanbul at Easter - recommend it even with the riots (which appear to have subsided)
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                    Talinn
                    +1 or Vlinius. Any of the ex eastern block countries are a good choice if you like history,. They all have an old town with loads of culture and history.

I know it is a bit of stag haven now but you could try Krakow and book a trip round Austwitz as well. A really moving trip. We went on a rugby tour and even the hardest guys were moved by it. The town square and river side is gorgeous as well so not all doom and gloom.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X