• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which impractical car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I have it on my list to go test drive one of these. Even being an AMG I hate the SLK having a hairdressers car image but listening to the exhaust noise on YouTube I would get over it A hell of a lot of car for under 20k!
    The V10 M5's are under 20k now and are proper screamers. AMG55 sounds brutal though

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      In my experience they adore me because I am handsome, witty and a good laugh.
      And then you make big mistake of actually talking ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And then you make big mistake of actually talking ...
        That was quite good for you. You need to look to look up the meaning of "witty", though.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Perfect for pie eating northerners.

And southerners

Could go for the petrol Nissan Murano, the 350Z engine in a Cayenne like body, cheap to buy but a tad thirsty, but no worse than a 350Z.

Luxury and performance.

I have a 2.5D Murano and love it.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 20 September 2013, 13:41.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I have it on my list to go test drive one of these. Even being an AMG I hate the SLK having a hairdressers car image but listening to the exhaust noise on YouTube I would get over it A hell of a lot of car for under 20k!
            If you're worried about other peoples opinions go with the Porsche. I went from a Boxster to Audi RS5 and my neighbours thought I was made redundant …

Comment

I just had to look that up, it would go on a list for future but I'm waiting to see how the Alfa 4C turns out.

Friend of mine had a RS4 Avant as a practical family/shopping car, sure the RS5 is equally fun.

Comment

Originally posted by IRMe View Post
                I just had to look that up, it would go on a list for future but I'm waiting to see how the Alfa 4C turns out.

Friend of mine had a RS4 Avant as a practical family/shopping car, sure the RS5 is equally fun.
                I've had an S4, and loved that. Alfa 4C looks to be stunning, if a tad expensive.

There are so many exciting engines coming through. Peugeot have produced a 1.6 Turbo producing 270bhp, then look at AMG producing 355bhp from 2 litres, Ford have produced 1 litres producing over 170 bhp. All of these engines appear in various other cars too. Exciting times for petrol heads.

To put this all into perspective, the M1, BMW's first super car, had 277bhp. The first Ford Sierra Cosworth had 204 bhp. Now cooking versions of BMW estate cars have over that.

Comment

Working...
                X