• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents ignoring me again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents ignoring me again

Had a call from an agent on Tuesday morning that I couldn't take. It was a cold call about a contract, returned his call in the afternoon and left a message for him, called again 3 times and no answer. He's obviously filled his quota and lost interest.

I saw the same vacancy through a different agency yesterday so I sent my CV in and called 4 hrs later to check they had received my CV and discuss details - no reply, left a message no call back

I guess we all have our cross to bear, permies have stretch objectives and performance reviews, we have agents putting us on ignore for all the jobs that look tasty.

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Had a call from an agent on Tuesday morning that I couldn't take. It was a cold call about a contract, returned his call in the afternoon and left a message for him, called again 3 times and no answer. He's obviously filled his quota and lost interest.

I saw the same vacancy through a different agency yesterday so I sent my CV in and called 4 hrs later to check they had received my CV and discuss details - no reply, left a message no call back

I guess we all have our cross to bear, permies have stretch objectives and performance reviews, we have agents putting us on ignore for all the jobs that look tasty.
    At least you are welcome here
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

let me just ask you about your last two jobs..
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's nothing personal....

If they think you're good enough to be submitted to ClientCo. (i.e. potential to make them cash) or you've been successful at interview when you're awaiting feedback from ClientCo. (i.e. very definite potential to make them cash) they'll ring, email, text, dig up your gran etc. to get hold of you.
        Permietractor (probably)

Comment

normally they just get in a mad panic to get half a dozen CV's together for a role, making sure any mates of theirs looking for a gig are stuck in the list regardless of whether they are a match, then bang em into client. even if you are a much better candidate (like the agent would have a clue anyways) if you get in touch after that half dozen its pointless.

Comment

It’s probably got something to do with your last two jobs.
            Who did you work for? What’s the name of your line manager?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              It’s probably got something to do with your last two jobs.
              Who did you work for? What’s the name of your line manager?
              KUATB
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can you just return an email opting out and allowing us to process your data in India?
                Oh yes and a reference from everywhere you have ever worked?

Comment

Yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu'rrrrreeeeeeee 5H1T! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Only joking Seriously though, just keep trying, you'll get there in the end.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Could you have been blacklisted.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X