• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Made 10% on my BTL in the last year ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    So since the value of the currency has gone down a good 10% over the past year also, you've only broken even
    Gosh thank goodness I stuck with my euros.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I made £10 at a car boot recently.

What were the fees charged to host your motor at the car boot sale?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I made £10 at a car boot recently.

Ha! Beat you Prawny! I made £70 on eBay by selling an old GFX card that I bought for £300.

Oh bugger...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Has it though? The weekend FT reported that the rise in London house prices in the last year was not driven by mortgage credit, but because a full 1/3 of house purchases in the London area were cash purchases. An astonishing statistic. Although maybe not as I was one of those people.
          Astonishing indeed.

But given that "the country" (read that to mean joe public) has a debt crisis, who has all this cash? And why would they only now be choosing to use it to buy property, given that QE has been running for 5 years plus?
          No, the source of this cash is overseas investors such as refugees from the Eurozone (who don't trust their own governments not to steal their bank cash) and the Chinese/ far east.
          Now the chinese are continuing to invest in London, but why should they continue to do so given plenty of their own domestic industry picking up and offering them investment opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            Now the chinese are continuing to invest in London, but why should they continue to do so given plenty of their own domestic industry picking up and offering them investment opportunities.
            Maybe it's because their own domestic industry IS NOT picking up and offering them investment opportunities.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas in another oh look at me, I am so rich and clever, please, please like me post

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Sas in another oh look at me, I am so rich and clever, please, please like me post
                You are missing this thread which would result in the title of this thread being Lost 30% on my BTL in the last year...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You are missing this thread which would result in the title of this thread being Lost 30% on my BTL in the last year...
                  He's a man of conflicting emotions I can see

Comment

don't worry he is going to hoover up cheap properties shonky garage in Hounslow with the imaginary money he made in his BTL.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ah, he'd probably head that one off with another post about how he beat the market and made 40% on his investments last year, keeping him ahead of the game

Comment

Working...
                      X