• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why has no-one thought of cookisto before?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Spain, there are loads of people who have turned their homes into cheap restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      It's a good idea but as said above, won't work in the UK as the Food Standards Agency will be all over it like a flurry of vomiting bluebottles.
      Don't you need a food hygiene certificate to sell food to the public?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        In the UK probably yes with a whole raft of other rules and legislation to make it totally impractical, Odds are if you cook a dinner party for friends here you're dancing close to breaching some regs or other. Maybe in Euroland too, but if there are similar requirements no doubt they're completely ignored by everyone.

Comment

Yes, hence the remark.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            In the UK probably yes with a whole raft of other rules and legislation to make it totally impractical, Odds are if you cook a dinner party for friends here you're dancing close to breaching some regs or other. Maybe in Euroland too, but if there are similar requirements no doubt they're completely ignored by everyone.
            Yes, the "supper club/pay cash" stuff is under the radar but it does leave you very exposed if someone makes a claim that you gave them food poisoning, whether you did or not.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Odds are if you cook a dinner party for friends here you're dancing close to breaching some regs or other.
              more than 5 times a month according to the WI.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Ye gods! I was taking the mick a bit with that comment, depressing that there are regulations around that. I admit I'm not shocked though.

This country has become obsessed with regulations.

Comment

Excellent! MrsBP has one of those already. Any competition and I will report em to the council.....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    So the trick is, is to get your guests to help with the cooking.

So then they would have cooked part of their own dinner in your house.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X