• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This terrorist stuff in Kenya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Surreal.
    Couldn't believe it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Has anyone in prominence in Islam come on record publicly and condemned this? I know David Cameron certainly did, and fair play to him, but I haven't seen anyone from Islamic circles. Of course this is most likely to do with the gutter trash press I read.
      Well, seeing as the Kenyan foreign minister is a muslim, yes. As well as some of the victims; 'The people who did this, they are animals': British businessman condemns terrorists who murdered his daughter - Telegraph
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well, seeing as the Kenyan foreign minister is a muslim, yes. As well as some of the victims; 'The people who did this, they are animals': British businessman condemns terrorists who murdered his daughter - Telegraph
        Yeah it's not like we have over 1 Billion Muslims in the world - they are only a small group of people so all 5 of them should come out and condemn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I hope it doesn't stop anyone visiting Kenya; wonderful place and yes, some of the friendliest people on earth. Perhaps people will see that outside Nairobi it's still a pretty safe place to go on holiday. It seems to be about Kenya's support of the Somalian army who are fighting various fundamentalist groups, and the fact that the shopping centre belongs to an Israeli company, but there's no way to rationalise randomly killing people like this. I saw some pictures on Dutch news of soldiers and policemen using their own bodies to shelter people from bullets; the best and the worst of humanity in one go.
          It's more than that, the Kenyan army is in Somalia trying to quell the Islamic fanatics, no doubt with unsaid US and UK backing.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It's more than that, the Kenyan army is in Somalia trying to quell the Islamic fanatics, no doubt with unsaid US and UK backing.
            Which is why it was a target I'd say.

I think it will raise the stakes in the muslim veil argument too, if proven that the chaps were dressed up in full veils and dresses to get through.

Comment

Which is fair enough, we should be supporting Asad against Al Qaeda as well. Lesser of 2 evils and all.

Comment

Lets face it, killing lots of people in a short space of time in the name of a cause is probably not that hard. I probably think there are not that many people that are off the scale fruit loop and the ones that are will probably be fairly thick and get spotted quite soon.

Comment

Yep. The Kenyan defence forces also get a lot of support from the UK, for among other things training.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Lets face it, killing lots of people in a short space of time in the name of a cause is probably not that hard. I probably think there are not that many people that are off the scale fruit loop and the ones that are will probably be fairly thick and get spotted quite soon.
                    The extremism that is found in Africa does seem to be unique in it's level of inhumanity though. A lot of wars in Africa must be at least partly to blame for this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                      Which is why it was a target I'd say.

I think it will raise the stakes in the muslim veil argument too, if proven that the chaps were dressed up in full veils and dresses to get through.
                      Get through what? It's a shopping centre. There might have been one or two lightly armed security men at the front door, but not much more than that to get through.

Comment

Working...
                      X