• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got BGG a red one

Car that is.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      We got BGG a red one

Car that is.
      Ooh nice one.

Important questions:

Cupholder position - is it optimum?
      Is it SHINY red?
      Is it pretty?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Ooh nice one.

Important questions:

Cupholder position - is it optimum?
        Is it SHINY red?
        Is it pretty?
        Does it have a lighted make up mirror?
        ftfy
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Don't be ridiculous Mich.

That sort of artificial down lighting could have devastating consequences.

I may be a 'busy single working mother' but even I perfect my eye makeup before leaving the house. Innit.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Don't be ridiculous Mich.

That sort of artificial down lighting could have devastating consequences.

I may be a 'busy single working mother' but even I perfect my eye makeup before leaving the house. Innit.
            Since these new cars have automatic chokes, where does the modern woman hang her handbag when driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Since these new cars have automatic chokes, where does the modern woman hang her handbag when driving?
              No idea what the first part of that means, really. But I favour oversized bags - they sit up front with me, in the passenger seat and are normally so heavy they make a strange airbag light come on.

If I have a passenger, they have to sit in the back.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Every car I've ever owned was/is silver in colour.

Comment

No idea what the first part of that means, really. But I favour oversized bags - they sit up front with me, in the passenger seat and are normally so heavy they make a strange airbag light come on.

If I have a passenger, they have to sit in the back.
                  When I started driving, cars had a little knob you could pull out and in,coaxing and teasing until it revved to your satisfaction. If you pulled it too hard, it would flood, and you had to wait for it to recover before you could start again. It was called the choke.

Comment

I just brought a 1.8 focus sport tdi circa 2003, someone had enjoyed the first 100000 miles so i am going to enjoy the second.

Pulls like a steam train and smokes like one to, does about a zillion miles to the gallon, half leather interior, I couldn't afford the other half, the air con had just been re-gassed so it's like sitting in the fridge and best of all it only cost me 4 days wages.

what more do you need from a car

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      When I started driving, cars had a little knob you could pull out and in,coaxing and teasing until it revved to your satisfaction. If you pulled it too hard, it would flood, and you had to wait for it to recover before you could start again. It was called the choke.
                      Modelled on a bloke then?
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X