• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you pulled it too hard you had to wait for it to recover before you could start again.
    Confessions of a driving instructee?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Modelled on a bloke then?
      I've yet to find a bloke I could hang my handbag on.

Comment

When I started driving, cars had a little knob you could pull out and in,coaxing and teasing until it revved to your satisfaction. If you pulled it too hard, it would flood, and you had to wait for it to recover before you could start again. It was called the choke.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mudskipper again.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Car threads are interesting.

I approve.

Comment

I hear you sistah
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Ooh nice one.

Important questions:

Cupholder position - is it optimum?
              Is it SHINY red?
              Is it pretty?
              Cupholder: Mid position with a do-hicky that changes it to a ipood holder

VERY shiny

In a cute way (Toyota IQ3)

If you do, can I have his number?
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

I think you could easily hang a handbag on me. But apparently many men in their 40s would struggle.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I think you could easily hang a handbag on me. But apparently many men in their 40s would struggle.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Please God no!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      You're still the indebted masses though.
                      Yes anyone that tells me I don't pay tax is getting punched in the face. The Vat I paid on this car is more than most plebs earn in a year...

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      That's an awful lot of instant depreciation there pretending to be a interest free loan....
                      You are only seeing depreciation. What about the fact that every time I drive to a clients site I get to do so in total comfort and luxury instead of clambering out of an old banger with a sore back?

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Quite. Just don't get that kind of thinking.
                      You live in London and mostly work from home, so I would not expect you to understand or care much about cars. If I drive to a clients site, most of the time its at least a 200 mile round trip. I figure I would like to own a car that is comfortable and luxurious. The next model won't show up till at least 2020, Most other people will have had several cars by then I am just spreading the money differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X