• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A real entrepreneur

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real entrepreneur

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5242998.stm

Commute Suit 'solves Tube hell'

Prongs on the knees and elbows help keep people away
    An artist has showcased the Commute Suit, his solution to the daily problem of sweaty, squashed journeys on London's public transport network.
    Liam Yeates, 36, revealed the navy pin-striped suit, complete with fan, water and flashing lights, to commuters at Liverpool Street Tube station.

He said he came up with the concept after getting fed up with being "hemmed in with someone's armpit in my face".

The suit includes seat savers including a spoon dripping with plastic yoghurt.

There are also prongs on the knees and elbows and an electric fan disguised as a briefcase.

Mr Yeates said: "I developed a suit to keep people away and get round the problems of travelling on the Tube."

He added he had received some positive feedback, and would be trying it out on the Northern and Central Lines, and in Oxford Street and Leicester Square Tube stations.

Previously, the conceptual artist courted controversy with an installation of an amorous couple living in a bed in a Soho window.

Excellent use of lottery money. More entertainment please! And to think that medieval england just had jesters with inflated sheep's bladders...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Some of these "artists" really are timewasters. He looks like a clown. Who'd go on the tube dressed like that? He could of at least come up with some sort of Giger-esque exo-skeleton to prove he can draw with a pencil.

Comment

He is going to need all the grants he can get to pay his legal bills, and possibly to pay off bubba when he is doing time for assault.

He has clearly stated those spikes are a weapon.

If he doesnt like being crowded in then he should use an alternative method of transport or move to somewhere less popular.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
      X