• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I just looked that up. So basically it's the Acid Bath Murderer, except they hand your powdered bones back to your relatives and pour the rest of you down the bog.
    I thought it was pretty neat.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      I've told my wife that if I go first then I want her to call a taxidermist, have me stuffed and sat on the sofa.

Her response was something to the effect of sometimes she thinks it's already been done.
      So you've visited the Rothschild museum in Tring then

A local museum for local people
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Impose a burial tax of £50K a pop, to encourage more people to opt for cremation, preceded by new ecologically sound disposal techniques like freeze drying.

It's outrageous that so much land is cluttered up by a load of mouldy old skeletons, for nothing more than sentimental reasons. I'd plough up the whole lot and grind them up for fertiliser.
        Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Basic human right and moral principle is that dead bodies should be respected.
        What about the respect for future ones that won't have any space to be buried in?
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          What about the respect for future ones that won't have any space to be buried in?
          To be honest when space gets short the bodies just get dug up anyway.

BBC News - Digging up the dead

I would prefer to be turned to dust and sprinkled (I pay NLDYUK extra for that).
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X