• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B?

Cemeteries 'burying people in car parks and under pathways' as experts claim half will run out of space in the next 20 years | Mail Online

Cemeteries 'burying people in car parks and under pathways' as experts claim half will run out of space in the next 20 years
    Many cemeteries are already full and a quarter will be full in ten years
    Experts urge government to allow more graves to be reused
    Some authorities considering building graves in allotments
    Cost of average burial amounts to nearly £4,000
    Some authorities charge over £1,000 to reserve exclusive grave space
    Buy a little bit of land and convert to a graveyard?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

ah I see. So your plan B is suicide?

Edit: I guess that's the ultimate in forward planning....

Comment

Impose a burial tax of £50K a pop, to encourage more people to opt for cremation, preceded by new ecologically sound disposal techniques like freeze drying.

It's outrageous that so much land is cluttered up by a load of mouldy old skeletons, for nothing more than sentimental reasons. I'd plough up the whole lot and grind them up for fertiliser.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

On a similar line; when I was working in Madrid, the hotel was near a funeral self-service (I suppose you could call it ‘Stiffs Are Us’). It was a large place about the size of B&Q comprised of twelve or so drive in chapels set in parallel lanes where people would drive their own car or a hired hearse. I was a fraction of the cost of a formal church funeral
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Impose a burial tax of £50K a pop, to encourage more people to opt for cremation, preceded by new ecologically sound disposal techniques like freeze drying.

It's outrageous that so much land is cluttered up by a load of mouldy old skeletons, for nothing more than sentimental reasons. I'd plough up the whole lot and grind them up for fertiliser.
          Basic human right and moral principle is that dead bodies should be respected.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

WHS
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

freeze drying is so last year you need

Resomation

Comment

I've told my wife that if I go first then I want her to call a taxidermist, have me stuffed and sat on the sofa.

Her response was something to the effect of sometimes she thinks it's already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  freeze drying is so last year you need

Resomation
                  I just looked that up. So basically it's the Acid Bath Murderer, except they hand your powdered bones back to your relatives and pour the rest of you down the bog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    I just looked that up. So basically it's the Acid Bath Murderer, except they hand your powdered bones back to your relatives and pour the rest of you down the bog.
                    S'not acid

is alkali

so that's ok then!

not legal in uk only in us and then only in a few states - anyone think it will catch on?

Comment

Working...
                    X