• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to spot a winker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to spot a winker

I used to be really bad at spotting 's

I think as you get older you spot them easier as they remind you of someone you used to know, who was a

Today I got an email at work from someone in the upper echelons of client co talking about the office move to new premises. His name irritated me. Poncy up his own a***e kind of surname.

Then his signature. Not really a signature, more a can't be arsed scrawl. I think you can tell a lot about a man by his signature.

What other tell tale signs have you learned over the years to spot complete and utter tosspots at 100 paces?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I used to be really bad at spotting 's

I think as you get older you spot them easier as they remind you of someone you used to know, who was a

Today I got an email at work from someone in the upper echelons of client co talking about the office move to new premises. His name irritated me. Poncy up his own a***e kind of surname.

Then his signature. Not really a signature, more a can't be arsed scrawl. I think you can tell a lot about a man by his signature.

What other tell tale signs have you learned over the years to spot complete and utter tosspots at 100 paces?
    Posters who start threads on CUK bad mouthing other groups of people.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      He even had someone send the email on his behalf

Comment

From my signature and handwriting you might learn that I have had several broken fingers and can't manage much more than a messy scrawl.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone whose range of insults only extends to calling people cretins
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Where as you are far more targeted

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Where as you are far more targeted

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...bedwetter.html

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

OK you asked for it

The above link is about the mighty MF cacking it when a 4 foot high 12 year old threatened him in the street btw.

Comment

Anything but a firm handshake leads me to distrust you
                  Any winker (and I have seen quite a few) with that stupid slogan of "your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for me" in their email signature.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Any winker (and I have seen quite a few) with a slogan in their email signature.
                    ftfy
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X