• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One week of iphone 5s ownership later

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    I didn't realise that scooter was getting an iPhone. You'd have thought he would have mentioned it in passing.
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Newbie, don't use first names until you've been here for 5 years at least.
    Doesn't take long for the newbies to figure out what a complete fooktard dullard Lord Haw Haw is.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Doesn't take long for the newbies to figure out what a complete fooktard dullard Lord Haw Haw is.
      “You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”
      ― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

“You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”
        ― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
        remarkable how well that quote works for both its target and poster....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why are they still making iPhones with small screens, WTF!!!. I like iOS 7 a lot but if apple made an iPhone with iOS 7 and a @5 inch screen it would become the best selling thing ever!!. I am tempted by the Galaxy Note 3, but might hold off for the iPhone 6 to see if they finally increase the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Why are they still making iPhones with small screens, WTF!!!. I like iOS 7 a lot but if apple made an iPhone with iOS 7 and a @5 inch screen it would become the best selling thing ever!!. I am tempted by the Galaxy Note 3, but might hold off for the iPhone 6 to see if they finally increase the screen.
            Might Nexus has a 5 inch screen, perhaps I just have 1st world problems of having an INKSPE phone
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              Samsung have just been caught fiddling the performance figures on the Note 3 (as they did on other models), so if you are basing any decision on the performance benchmarks, beware.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Samsung have just been caught fiddling the performance figures on the Note 3 (as they did on other models), so if you are basing any decision on the performance benchmarks, beware.
                Is there no level the competition will stoop to?

Not like our fine boys over at apple, top chaps every one of them.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Is there no level the competition will stoop to?

Not like our fine boys over at apple, top chaps every one of them.
                  I suspect that most, if not all, vendors do it. But having been caught doing it on the S4, you'd think that Samsung would have learnt a lesson

Note 3
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I suspect that most, if not all, vendors do it. But having been caught doing it on the S4, you'd think that Samsung would have learnt a lesson

Note 3
                    From memory, wasn't this explained? Whether or not you accept the explanation or not is another matter!

I think they said something along the lines of, "We have a high-power mode, so that when consumers are trying to do something intensive the hp mode will kick in and give them better performance, but when not needed this will switch off to save battery" and the benchmarking tests, being intensive, kicked the hp mode into gear.

Or I could be talking out of my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      From memory, wasn't this explained? Whether or not you accept the explanation or not is another matter!

I think they said something along the lines of, "We have a high-power mode, so that when consumers are trying to do something intensive the hp mode will kick in and give them better performance, but when not needed this will switch off to save battery" and the benchmarking tests, being intensive, kicked the hp mode into gear.

Or I could be talking out of my arse.
                      It switches on automatically when you run a benchmarking tool. Rename the tool to something else, and the phone stays in normal mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X