One week of iphone 5s ownership later One week of iphone 5s ownership later
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default One week of iphone 5s ownership later

What I like:

The speed. Using an iPhone 4 before. My goodness this thing is snappy.

The camera rapid fire option. Press & hold and take several photos a second. Really good for capturing that instant when the bambino smiles.

Voice texting. The new processor has obviously opened up voice recognition. When sending an SMS I press the mic button, speak, the text appears shortly after. Voice recognition has come a long way.

Lets not forget the finger print scanner. Like others before it, this one actually works. Not yet had it fail on me. You very quickly become used to the icons appearing just before you when picking the phone up. None of this swiping codes business.

What I don't like

The IOS still needs to be jailbroken if I don't want to pay my carrier when connecting to the internet via my computer.

New connector port, new docking station, new cables. But I suppose the old one has been around for some years.

New sim card new phone number that's just a pain.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

bored now

eek is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    The IOS still needs to be jailbroken if I don't want to pay my carrier when connecting to the internet via my computer.

New sim card new phone number that's just a pain.
    Both those issues are carrier related. I can merrily tether my computer to the phone
    although the data consumption can be rather high
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Both those issues are carrier related. I can merrily tether my computer to the phone
    although the data consumption can be rather high
    It all depends on how unlimited your unlimited data plan is
    Doing the needful since 1827

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    It all depends on how unlimited your unlimited data plan is
    In Deutschland vodafone payg want €15 for the privilege, which I don't care about. But it's a payment for nothing.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Fingers like lightning

CloudWalker is a permanent contractor

The Phone is great, very fast and responsive.
    But I'm missing my jail break

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

I've never needed to jailbreak a phone, I just use ones that let me install what I want

Horses for courses
    Doing the needful since 1827

Contractor Among Contractors

DirtyDog has more data than eek

I didn't realise that scooter was getting an iPhone. You'd have thought he would have mentioned it in passing.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
    I didn't realise that scooter was getting an iPhone. You'd have thought he would have mentioned it in passing.
    Newbie, don't use first names until you've been here for 5 years at least.

Super poster

bobspud is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    What I like:

The speed. Using an iPhone 4 before. My goodness this thing is snappy.

The camera rapid fire option. Press & hold and take several photos a second. Really good for capturing that instant when the bambino smiles.

Voice texting. The new processor has obviously opened up voice recognition. When sending an SMS I press the mic button, speak, the text appears shortly after. Voice recognition has come a long way.

Lets not forget the finger print scanner. Like others before it, this one actually works. Not yet had it fail on me. You very quickly become used to the icons appearing just before you when picking the phone up. None of this swiping codes business.

Most of this (apart from the swipe) is true of the iOS7 on the 4 as well. Its a really nice OS and I am now a fully happy customer. The one thing I am not sure about with the 5s is the feel of the phone. I like the heavy yet balanced feel of the 4s to me making the phone light like a samsung is a wrong step.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post
    . I like the heavy yet balanced feel of the 4s to me making the phone light like a samsung is a wrong step.
    Although in it's defence I like not having the heavier item pulling my trousers down ever time it's in my pocket.