• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New pimp strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Really? You don't think they just do as little as possible, match some keywords, pump cvs around and snort their earnings?
    Some of us like to inject.

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
      Dont see the point of employing them personally
      The point is the senior pimp can't talk to all the candidates the robotic software has matched, so they employ noobies to do that talking/filtering for them.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

For my latest gig I knew that the client had instructed the agent to get me on-board.

I knew the agent was going to call. I knew they wouldn't give up trying to contact me.

5 missed calls in 2 hours, each with an increasingly panicked voice-mail message left for me. The last message included the agents mobile number.

I called them at 18:45 that day - answered on the first ring.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          For my latest gig I knew that the client had instructed the agent to get me on-board.

I knew the agent was going to call. I knew they wouldn't give up trying to contact me.

5 missed calls in 2 hours, each with an increasingly panicked voice-mail message left for me. The last message included the agents mobile number.

I called them at 18:45 that day - answered on the first ring.
          Good for you SAS.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            It's easy to tell when the do have a role. The first question is when are you available, next part of the conversation is about the role. If its actually genuine about 50% of the time the agent will tell you who the client actually is or will let you know when they will tell you.

The more interest they take in your current contract is the big indicator, also if the mong asks for references. That's a terminate the call question.
            Nail on head.

99% of the time, conversation goes.

Are you still looking?
            Have you heard of company X in Y?
            No, let me tell you about a fantastic opportunity I have for someone with your experience, they are looking for a contractor to grow the team.

Can I send your CV across? When can you interview?

If it don't go like that, it's bulltulip, put the phone down.

HTH

Comment

I like to use the form of replying with a question (maieutics ):

How are you finding the market?

"How are you finding it?"

Who did you work with at XYZ Ltd?

"Who do you know at XYZ Ltd?"

It's a fun game for a couple of minutes then I get bored.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've noticed that if you start the conversation by referring to them as "einstein", they tend to get quite defensive after that.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  I've noticed that if you start the conversation by referring to them as "einstein", they tend to get quite defensive after that.
                  Unless they're called Albert.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    It's easy to tell when the do have a role.
                    Normally, I find the first question is "is this a convenient time?" if the role is genuine. If there is no role, they don't care whether it's a convenient time for you anyway; if there is a valid role then they don't want to piss you off by having a long conversation when it's not a convenient time for you to discuss it with them.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                      To be fair I don't think bobs could be any worse
                      WRONG!!

The Bob agents are MUCH worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X