• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New pimp strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You mean, Dodgy's gonna get bobbed
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

There is no money in placing contractors unless you are in a niche or working for an "uber aggressive" agency such as the S3 group. With single figure margins the days of the honest hard working agent are long gone.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        There is no money in placing contractors unless you are in a niche or working for an "uber aggressive" agency such as the S3 group. With single figure margins the days of the honest hard working agent are long gone.

Oh, wait.... how do I get gigs.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There is no money in placing contractors unless you are in a niche or working for an "uber aggressive" agency such as the S3 group. With single figure margins the days of the unicorns are long gone.
          FTFY with something which is at least some people believe ever existed
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

5% of £300/day (being deliberately conservative) sounds alright to me - surely one agent can manage/represent 2-3 dozen contractors?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              It seems more and more I get called up by a foetus. Thin reedy voice, asking if I have any experience with ERP, or C Hash. You ask which ERP and things go from bad to worse.

Then you get asked all the mundane crap and feel like saying did you actually read my CV?

Then, and here comes the punchline, I'm happy that you are someone we can work with, so I will now add you to the "long list" and pass you across to one of the senior recruiters.

Anyone else notice pimps are hiring youngsters to do the shortlisting, and general ring arounds?
              I understand from agents I've worked through that it's pretty standard practice to get the new hire pimps to ring around the no hoper contractors for practice.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Damn.

That's why I talk to so many.
                Don't worry. One day you'll be allowed to phone a real contractor.

Comment

Does anyone use a separate number, a pimp hotline so to speak (e.g. with an old PAYG SIM)? Managing their calls on your main number (even if it is just muting the ringer) can be a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentJohnson View Post
                    Does anyone use a separate number, a pimp hotline so to speak (e.g. with an old PAYG SIM)? Managing their calls on your main number (even if it is just muting the ringer) can be a PITA.
                    I use YAC and have done for many years. Redirects to my phone, I can switch off the redirection so they leave a voicemail which comes into my email as an MP3, and assign a ringtone so that I can tell who is calling.

Plus it costs them about 50p a minute to call me
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X