Proper wail Proper wail
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Proper wail

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Default Proper wail

Muslim Tesco workers win discrimination case after bosses locked prayer room | Mail Online

Muslim supermarket workers win discrimination case against Tesco after bosses locked their prayer room and made them sign in and out
    Workers had lobbied for a prayer room at distribution depot since 2006
    Managers agreed to set aside a security office in 2008
    But bosses set new restrictions on the use of the room four years later
    Bedford Employment Tribunal found Tesco guilty of indirect discrimination
    seems a bit odd it was upheld.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Not if it's Bedford, perhaps the employment tribunal is run by the local taliban
    Doing the needful since 1827

More time posting than coding

Boney M is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    Not if it's Bedford, perhaps the employment tribunal is run by the local taliban
    Thought the same

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

What's odd about it? If you were forced to sign a piece of paper notifying your employer every time you had a cigarette or did a dump, wouldn't you feel aggrieved?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Urine is quite nourishing

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Firstly the newspapers especially the Wail miss out important points when reporting on why people win or lose tribunals. They especially do this in discrimination cases.

Secondly you don't lock prayer rooms. People who can't pray at the set time make up their pray later. There is no issue making employees sign in and out if they are taking a break to do whatever including smoking, but if you make only one group of people sign in and out i.e. those who use the pray room but not smokers then you are discriminating. Everyone religious or not is allowed to use a pray room for quiet reflection time.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Banned

wurzel is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Firstly the newspapers especially the Wail miss out important points when reporting on why people win or lose tribunals. They especially do this in discrimination cases.

Secondly you don't lock prayer rooms. People who can't pray at the set time make up their pray later. There is no issue making employees sign in and out if they are taking a break to do whatever including smoking, but if you make only one group of people sign in and out i.e. those who use the pray room but not smokers then you are discriminating. Everyone religious or not is allowed to use a pray room for quiet reflection time.
    I'm getting to the point where I hardly ever read papers because they are either full of stories like this designed to make you angry or endless tedium about whatever the current fixation in the Westminster bubble happens to be.

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
    I'm getting to the point where I hardly ever read papers because they are either full of stories like this designed to make you angry or endless tedium about whatever the current fixation in the Westminster bubble happens to be.
    +1 - also all papers are full of "lifestyle" journalism and celebrity crap. Then again, so is the BBC now - and the entire media is massively South East of England biased in its outlook.