• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'd like the learned members opinions on the following...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploitative and sick fookers exist in the world. T'was ever thus.
    Next!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      The learned members aren't here but I am.

I'm unclear from the story, is this a ring of people targeting a girl, or was the girl the one running the show?
      The article insinuates the latter without explicitly saying so. If it had been a paedophile ring the article's title would have been "Vile Paedo Ring Busted" or such like.

Sick bastards either way.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Exploitative and sick fookers exist in the world. T'was ever thus.
        Next!
        Well yes but enough about recruitment agents, now read the article and tell us what you think about that.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

It also interesting that their names weren't revealed until after they were found guilty and sentenced.

Quite a responsible attitude to reporting, which may be because of a court order.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            WHS. Not enough info.

One assumes that if the men were jailed, the courts had reason to believe that they should have been aware of her age.
            The detective said: "In some cases the child would actually disclose her age to some people who would stop contact at that point, other people would be more turned on and excited by that."
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I think the key sentence is this:

The detective said: "In some cases the child would actually disclose her age to some people who would stop contact at that point, other people would be more turned on and excited by that."
              The ones who stopped contact assumed she was older, not seeing a picture of her (I realise why) then its difficult to say if it is an easy mistake to make.

The ones who carried on well I have a hammer and rusty nails.

But my opinion is - its very sad. it does show how the internet can make a small opportunity for crime a large one. How did they find her and how was she on the internet without monitoring?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                But my opinion is - its very sad. it does show how the internet can make a small opportunity for crime a large one. How did they find her and how was she on the internet without monitoring?
                Because it was on her mobile and clearly either she had web filtering disabled or its not as good as its claimed to be (who here would be surprised by that comment).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why all the abuse & neglect of children in England at the minute? I switched on the news last night and the first two headlines are about the death of a child as a result of neglect, and the next abuse.

And now this. Breaks my heart.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Why all the abuse & neglect of children in England at the minute? I switched on the news last night and the first two headlines are about the death of a child as a result of neglect, and the next abuse.

And now this. Breaks my heart.
                    God yes - I had to turn the news off before my wife got in the car as this sort of thing affects her a lot. Those reports were just horrific.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I have serious issue with this.

Why are there no Muslims amongst the guilty?

Comment

Working...
                      X