• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I'm sure someone is. But not me.
    We have five 11 year olds girls on a sleepover tonight and I have explicit instructions that I'm not to go to the pub.

After that I don't know nor care but I'll be up early Sunday for the grand prix....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tonight: Chilling with a nice bottle of Red and watching a film, as well as making some chicken stock.
      Tomorrow: 5 house viewings in the morning, food shopping at the market, catching some live jazz in teh arvo and then cooking stoofvlees in the evening.
      Sunday: Getting my ass whopped in a badminton tournament ( doubles, singles and mixed doubles) in the morning and then spending the arvo and evening being completely knackered.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Tonight: Chilling with a nice bottle of Red and watching a film, as well as making some chicken stock.
        Tomorrow: 5 house viewings in the morning, food shopping at the market, catching some live jazz in teh arvo and then cooking stoofvlees in the evening.
        Sunday: Getting my ass whopped in a badminton tournament ( doubles, singles and mixed doubles) in the morning and then spending the arvo and evening being completely knackered.
        Good luck finding a house with suitable sized kitchen
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Quiet one tonight.

Tomorrow off to a spa hotel in Dorset for until Sunday. Need some serious down time after the stress of the past few weeks but one night away is all I can get at the moment.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Typical, the bit I've not really ridden around much. If you are planning on heading for Hatfield you could always follow route 12 out there, it's about 22 miles, and get the train back afterwards. The trouble with being right in the centre is you have to go out to start a ride anywhere interesting.

Follow the river west and you can head out to Richmond park for a couple of laps (7 miles a pop) and head home again.

Go south to the river, ride out to Isle of Dogs, cross through the foot tunnel to Greenwich and ride along the Thames path through Greenwich to the Woolwich ferry, cross the river again and head home. If you feel like some hills then Black Heath and Shooters Hill will give you a work out with a slight detour.

More hills can be found around Crystal Palace, Annerly Road, Central Hill and any of the side roads. Bonus of great views from the top if the weather is clear. Ride through Dulwich as well for some unexpected quaintness in Central London.

Heading North East you can pick up the Regents Canal path out towards STratford and the Olympic site, not a huge amount to see there but you can head north along the Lee River path which is a reasonably interesting route.

If all else fails head for regents park and do laps of the outer circle until you get bored with the rest of the looneys.

Best bet really is to hit google maps and turn on the cycling directions. This will show you the cycle routes on the map and give you an idea of places to ride.
            Thank you, some great suggestions. I have found a few routes on Google maps, the problem is finding a route without getting stuck in traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              We have five 11 year olds girls on a sleepover tonight and I have explicit instructions that I'm not to go to the pub.
              After that I don't know nor care but I'll be up early Sunday for the grand prix....
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

On retreat

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                X