• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sounds like fun or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like fun or not?

As volunteer for a local search team have been invited to take part in a fire service exercise to test emergency response to a chemical attack. It involves rolling about pretending to be gassed, removing/having removed all my clothes except swimming trunks in mid-October, possibly pretending to be unconscious and physically rescued.

Can't quite make up my mind, does this sound like fun or not?

PS I expect they will use any nice young ladies for the clothes removal and rescuing. I will get bunged aside in the past saving heap with the other old blokes.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    As volunteer for a local search team have been invited to take part in a fire service exercise to test emergency response to a chemical attack. It involves rolling about pretending to be gassed, removing/having removed all my clothes except swimming trunks in mid-October, possibly pretending to be unconscious and physically rescued.

Can't quite make up my mind, does this sound like fun or not?

PS I expect they will use any nice young ladies for the clothes removal and rescuing. I will get bunged aside in the past saving heap with the other old blokes.
    sounds like a laugh to me. they are always a good bunch to have in your contacts book
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Do they do prosthetic injuries too?

You could all have a Hallowe'en party after...

Comment

Sounds like fun. I have done similar things in the passed. The best one was being rioters for the riot police training although they watered it down once we arrived :-(

We also got asked to test the security in one of tourist attractions in London but I was working that day :-(
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I was once invited to Porton Down to have some nerve agant dabbed on my arm. 9 out of 10 of us were given the placebo, we didnt know which till later.
          Of course with my luck, within 10 years my hair had fallen out, my teeth were wobbly and my belly swelled up to darts player proportions. and that was with the placebo.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I was once invited to Porton Down to have some nerve agant dabbed on my arm. 9 out of 10 of us were given the placebo, we didnt know which till later.
            Of course with my luck, within 10 years my hair had fallen out, my teeth were wobbly and my belly swelled up to darts player proportions. and that was with the placebo.

I was always amazed that people actually volunteered. Feck me CS was enough once a year!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Forgot to mention they will be herding us into makeshift showers, presumably cold.

Hmmm. Given the time of the day, when many employed sorts will not have got back from work, could it be an Adolphesque plot to cull old people and the unemployed?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I did a session for Casualties Union once - got a very realistic bit of glass sticking out my hand injury. Was great fun.

Comment

I was once sat on a bench smoking a bifter when a plained clothed policeman walked up to me, introduced himself and asked if I wanted to earn £20 being in a line up. I took it. Not bad for 10 minutes work in those days.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I was once sat on a bench smoking a bifter
                    Not heard that expression in donks
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X