• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If not in IT, then what would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Maybe a sports coach/fitness trainer/quack who sells exercise programmes on a shopping channel.
    The selling part looks like hard work - you have to talk tulip for 30 minutes.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The selling part looks like hard work - you have to talk tulip for 30 minutes.
      I think most of us can do that.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'll do cycling art tours. We'll pootle about at a leisurely pace with lots of cake stops and look at nice pictures and architecture.

Actually, that reminds me, I've been meaning to pedal to Ewelme to have a look at the tomb of Alice de la Pole - very unusual in having a tomb in her own right, and not just as someone's wife (or royalty).

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I applied for a job at Arrows once. Didn't get it.
          Didn't they eventually morph into Jaguar then Red Bull? My memory is probably playing tricks.
          Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          That might have been short lived. I had an interview with Honda F1, shortly before they pulled out and made half the workforce redundant. I never did hear back.
          I applied to March in about 1991, I never heard back either before they sort of went tits up.

Comment

Deli/wine import business/possibly event organising - I'll get there eventually
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Didn't they eventually morph into Jaguar then Red Bull? My memory is probably playing tricks.
              I applied to March in about 1991, I never heard back either before they sort of went tits up.
              not quite (Jackie) Stewart Racing -> Jaguar (Ford) -> Red Bull
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                not quite (Jackie) Stewart Racing -> Jaguar (Ford) -> Red Bull
                Arrows went bust, but then Super Aguri moved into the same factory in Leafield before also going bust. And after sitting empty for a few years, it's now Caterham F1's new home. I can't remember if Super Aguri bought any part of Arrows or not.

Also:

Toleman -> Benneton -> Renault ->Lotus
                Tyrrel -> BAR -> Honda -> Brawn -> Mercedes
                Jordan -> Midland -> Spyker -> Force India
                Minardi -> Torro Rosso
                Sauber -> BMW -> Sauber

You could almost believe F1 wasn't a very stable business to be in.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                X