Am I missing something? Am I missing something?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default Am I missing something?

    So, finalising one-off fixed-job contract with Client 3 and they send me a contract to sign. So I scan the last page (the only page needing a sig) with my sig duly signed and send it to them.
    Admin person comes back and says we need the full document.
    So I say why don't you print off the other pages and attach my sig page to it.
    No, she says, you must scan the full document.
    WTF?
    Is there some legal thing that says when they print off my scanned pages its more legit than when they print off their original?
    Or is it a Labour educashun at work?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,279

    Default

    Yes
    HTH BIDI
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  3. #3

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,551

    Default

    Am I missing something?
    Where to start with a fantatist like you?



    What does client 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 do?

    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  4. #4

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Where to start with a fantatist like you?



    What does client 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 do?

    Feck me you're such a loser
    You should have worked harder at school.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    So, finalising one-off fixed-job contract with Client 3 and they send me a contract to sign. So I scan the last page (the only page needing a sig) with my sig duly signed and send it to them.
    Admin person comes back and says we need the full document.
    So I say why don't you print off the other pages and attach my sig page to it.
    No, she says, you must scan the full document.
    WTF?
    Is there some legal thing that says when they print off my scanned pages its more legit than when they print off their original?
    Or is it a Labour educashun at work?
    I would. Just because you signed the last page, they could swap the entire contract over, scan it and attach your sig. How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  6. #6

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    . How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
    He undercut the opposition?
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  7. #7

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I would. Just because you signed the last page, they could swap the entire contract over, scan it and attach your sig. How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
    Yes, but when they print off my scanned pages, there's nothing on the pages to say I agreed to them.
    They're essentially indistinguishable from the original, no?
    They didn't insist I signed/initialled every page. Anyway that's what I'll do next time.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    21,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I would. Just because you signed the last page, they could swap the entire contract over, scan it and attach your sig. How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
    The king has a wet sheet fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #9

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    The king has a Golden Shower fetish.
    FTFY
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes, but when they print off my scanned pages, there's nothing on the pages to say I agreed to them.
    They're essentially indistinguishable from the original, no?
    They didn't insist I signed/initialled every page. Anyway that's what I'll do next time.
    Why didn't you just hand over the contract when the agent took you out for dinner to celebrate???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •