• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I missing something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something?

So, finalising one-off fixed-job contract with Client 3 and they send me a contract to sign. So I scan the last page (the only page needing a sig) with my sig duly signed and send it to them.
    Admin person comes back and says we need the full document.
    So I say why don't you print off the other pages and attach my sig page to it.
    No, she says, you must scan the full document.
    WTF?
    Is there some legal thing that says when they print off my scanned pages its more legit than when they print off their original?
    Or is it a Labour educashun at work?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Yes
    HTH BIDI
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Am I missing something?
      Where to start with a fantatist like you?

What does client 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 do?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Where to start with a fantatist like you?

What does client 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 do?

Feck me you're such a loser
        You should have worked harder at school.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So, finalising one-off fixed-job contract with Client 3 and they send me a contract to sign. So I scan the last page (the only page needing a sig) with my sig duly signed and send it to them.
          Admin person comes back and says we need the full document.
          So I say why don't you print off the other pages and attach my sig page to it.
          No, she says, you must scan the full document.
          WTF?
          Is there some legal thing that says when they print off my scanned pages its more legit than when they print off their original?
          Or is it a Labour educashun at work?
          I would. Just because you signed the last page, they could swap the entire contract over, scan it and attach your sig. How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            . How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
            He undercut the opposition?

Comment

I would. Just because you signed the last page, they could swap the entire contract over, scan it and attach your sig. How do you think Suity landed up as a bonded sex slave in a Dubai Kings harem last year?
              Yes, but when they print off my scanned pages, there's nothing on the pages to say I agreed to them.
              They're essentially indistinguishable from the original, no?
              They didn't insist I signed/initialled every page. Anyway that's what I'll do next time.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The king has a wet sheet fetish.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The king has a Golden Shower fetish.
                  FTFY
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Yes, but when they print off my scanned pages, there's nothing on the pages to say I agreed to them.
                    They're essentially indistinguishable from the original, no?
                    They didn't insist I signed/initialled every page. Anyway that's what I'll do next time.
                    Why didn't you just hand over the contract when the agent took you out for dinner to celebrate???
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X