Spitbank Fort. Spitbank Fort.
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Spitbank Fort.

  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,765

    Default Spitbank Fort.

    Anyone done Spitbank Fort yet? Somebody got this as a wedding present and we did it at the weekend?

    Fantastic. It's in the Solent. It's been open for about a year and you can go out for Sunday lunch, boat out, top nosh, champange on arrival, a tour, meal and then a free run of the place. Jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lots of bars. Looks a cracking place to rent it out for a week end for a small group?

    The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.

    Anyone been? and can anyone suggest something similar as this was a great day out in something different?

    Private Island, Sea Hotel, Wedding Venue, Corporate Retreat, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight | Spitbank Fort
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  2. #2

    Banned

    KentPhilip is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Stoned again?
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    I tried to visit them by boat last summer to buy a crafty mid-solent beer, but they told me I was not allowed to tie up, and that I had to use their boat from Gunwharf Keys instead.

    I think actually the puniness of my inflatable was at odds with the upper crust image they wanted to portray - I bet Abramovich's yacht would not have been refused..

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Clare@InTouch is a permanent contractor

    Clare@InTouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    2,387

    Default

    One of the girls here went there earlier in the year, I think she's one of the ones in the hot tub on the website! It looks lovely and she had a great night.

    And a perfect hiding place if there's a zombie war.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Ticktock has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    I would go, but I'm afraid of tigers and Lesley Grantham.

    Undecided on Melinda Messenger nowadays.

  5. #5

    Super poster

    quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

    quackhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bag End, The Shire, Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone done Spitbank Fort yet? Somebody got this as a wedding present and we did it at the weekend?

    Fantastic. It's in the Solent. It's been open for about a year and you can go out for Sunday lunch, boat out, top nosh, champange on arrival, a tour, meal and then a free run of the place. Jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lots of bars. Looks a cracking place to rent it out for a week end for a small group?

    The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.
    So that's why its known as Spitbank?

    qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Ticktock has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.
    [/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhandle View Post
    So that's why its known as Spitbank?

    qh
    The two new ones will be called Swallowbank and Garglebank.

  7. #7

    Super poster

    Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

    Halo Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    As a serious question: what’s the wheel chair access like?

    I have fancied going but I am guessing that trying to get a wheel chair up from the boat will be a tad tricky
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  8. #8

    Super poster

    amcdonald is too good to be a permie

    amcdonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down the pub
    Posts
    3,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    One of the girls here went there earlier in the year, I think she's one of the ones in the hot tub on the website! It looks lovely and she had a great night.

    And a perfect hiding place if there's a zombie war.
    Zombies would be able to walk out there easily, it all depends if they could get the tides right, and have enough of a sense of direction to swim up to the surface at the right spot
    Doing the needful since 1827

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    As a serious question: what’s the wheel chair access like?

    I have fancied going but I am guessing that trying to get a wheel chair up from the boat will be a tad tricky
    They have a set of metal steps up from the boat, someone would have to help up.

    Once up the there is access, but not sure if the rest rooms had access they were all quite small. Plus once there it's on three levels with quite small stairs.

    I would assume it doesn't have disabled access but you could phone.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  10. #10

    Banned

    wurzel is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone done Spitbank Fort yet? Somebody got this as a wedding present and we did it at the weekend?

    Fantastic. It's in the Solent. It's been open for about a year and you can go out for Sunday lunch, boat out, top nosh, champange on arrival, a tour, meal and then a free run of the place. Jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lots of bars. Looks a cracking place to rent it out for a week end for a small group?

    The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.

    Anyone been? and can anyone suggest something similar as this was a great day out in something different?

    Private Island, Sea Hotel, Wedding Venue, Corporate Retreat, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight*|*Spitbank Fort
    I'll let you know.

    Off there for missuses 40th this weekend...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •