• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spitbank Fort.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitbank Fort.

Anyone done Spitbank Fort yet? Somebody got this as a wedding present and we did it at the weekend?

Fantastic. It's in the Solent. It's been open for about a year and you can go out for Sunday lunch, boat out, top nosh, champange on arrival, a tour, meal and then a free run of the place. Jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lots of bars. Looks a cracking place to rent it out for a week end for a small group?

The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.

Anyone been? and can anyone suggest something similar as this was a great day out in something different?

Private Island, Sea Hotel, Wedding Venue, Corporate Retreat, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight | Spitbank Fort
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I tried to visit them by boat last summer to buy a crafty mid-solent beer, but they told me I was not allowed to tie up, and that I had to use their boat from Gunwharf Keys instead.

I think actually the puniness of my inflatable was at odds with the upper crust image they wanted to portray - I bet Abramovich's yacht would not have been refused..

Comment

One of the girls here went there earlier in the year, I think she's one of the ones in the hot tub on the website! It looks lovely and she had a great night.

And a perfect hiding place if there's a zombie war.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I would go, but I'm afraid of tigers and Lesley Grantham.

Undecided on Melinda Messenger nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Anyone done Spitbank Fort yet? Somebody got this as a wedding present and we did it at the weekend?

Fantastic. It's in the Solent. It's been open for about a year and you can go out for Sunday lunch, boat out, top nosh, champange on arrival, a tour, meal and then a free run of the place. Jacuzzi, gym, sauna, lots of bars. Looks a cracking place to rent it out for a week end for a small group?

The company who owns it is doing up the other two forts as well, one to be a 24 room hotel with a helipad. Worth a look when ready.
          So that's why its known as Spitbank?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

[/url]
            Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            So that's why its known as Spitbank?

qh
            The two new ones will be called Swallowbank and Garglebank.

Comment

As a serious question: what’s the wheel chair access like?

I have fancied going but I am guessing that trying to get a wheel chair up from the boat will be a tad tricky
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                One of the girls here went there earlier in the year, I think she's one of the ones in the hot tub on the website! It looks lovely and she had a great night.

And a perfect hiding place if there's a zombie war.
                Zombies would be able to walk out there easily, it all depends if they could get the tides right, and have enough of a sense of direction to swim up to the surface at the right spot
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  As a serious question: what’s the wheel chair access like?

I have fancied going but I am guessing that trying to get a wheel chair up from the boat will be a tad tricky
                  They have a set of metal steps up from the boat, someone would have to help up.

Once up the there is access, but not sure if the rest rooms had access they were all quite small. Plus once there it's on three levels with quite small stairs.

I would assume it doesn't have disabled access but you could phone.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyone been? and can anyone suggest something similar as this was a great day out in something different?

Private Island, Sea Hotel, Wedding Venue, Corporate Retreat, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight*|*Spitbank Fort
                    I'll let you know.

Off there for missuses 40th this weekend...

Comment

Working...
                    X