• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yes she is annoying (Mizz Jones) but she has a point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Lots of people can't afford to SPEND more than this on cloths though...
    Enough about Suity though
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I meant clothes but he probably does need a lot of cloths for all the mopping up.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I meant clothes but he probably does need a lot of cloths for all the mopping up.
        nah he uses the curtains!
        Last edited by vetran; 7 October 2013, 12:58. Reason: carnt spel
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          The question is would these people be better off if we stopped buying the products they make? Easy to preach, but if you take away their only income where does it leave them?
          Indeed, however I'd prefer to take away some of the profit of the suppliers & multinationals and make sure the workers have slightly more in their pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Indeed, however I'd prefer to take away some of the profit of the suppliers & multinationals and make sure the workers have slightly more in their pocket.
            Some of the multinationals have tried to put policies in place to ensure workers are treated to minimum standards however the suppliers lie.

For example they keep two sets of books. So when you as a Western goes over to say you want to place an order in their factory and ask questions about workers conditions, they will show you the "legal" set of books with the workers start and end times which means they don't do over 50 hours a week.

However when the worker gets their pay slip they get two pay slips. The one from the "legal" set of books and the other from the "illegal" set with the "voluntary" extra overtime they do.

Then they guard fire exits and lock them if the security guard goes on a break to stop workers leaving and not doing their "voluntary" extra overtime.

This stuff has been reported by quite a few Western journalists over the years who go over to the factories to see what is going on.

However a certain UK retailer this century had management doing that to their staff unofficially in the UK (it never came to court so I can't state their name), and M&S were caught forcing their workers to work where there was asbestos so as far as I'm concerned it's lip service.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That would be the ISO accredited suppliers that hadn't lost their certification for lying then?

yes people lie, but if you make it difficult and level the playing field then it slowly gets better.

Comment

Working...
              X