• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SCRUM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCRUM

I'm not convinced of the value of morning stand ups, but I'm always a lot more agile after my morning sit down.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

One place used to have one hour daily standups, but you had to book the standup time to a project you were working on rather than admin

So ship things on time, we started dropping more features, to allow for the standups on the schedule
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      One place used to have one hour daily standups, but you had to book the standup time to a project you were working on rather than admin

So ship things on time, we started dropping more features, to allow for the standups on the schedule
      Oh dear. The whole point of a stand up is that the meeting doesn't take long because people don't want to stand for very long. Some clientcos really are run by cretins.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They do my tits in.

Comment

I used to roll along with my chair - I'm a contrary bastard when I want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Oh dear. The whole point of a stand up is that the meeting doesn't take long because people don't want to stand for very long. Some clientcos really are run by cretins.
            The ones I've attended have all been "seated" standups and have ran on for a while.

I however used to stand near the window and be a brief as possible

Comment

This place has daily stand up, I am the only person who sits down during them
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                The ones I've attended have all been "seated" standups and have ran on for a while.

I however used to stand near the window and be a brief as possible
                Oh well, see my avatar and make sure you follow the hour long 'seated stand up' with a 20 pound dump. Seated.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  This place has daily stand up, I am the only person who sits down during them
                  That's when you can be arsed to turn up. Most of the time I make up tulip when asked what you've been up to.....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have found at a lot of organisations the morning stand-up is just a box-ticking exercise for the project manager and very little is actually achieved.

Comment

Working...
                    X