• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheist sayings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stick with Clucking Bell.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      You see, the atheists admits there is a God, even if they don't realise it.
      Possibly. Or the examples quoted could just be everyday sayings.
      My aunt for example, she's not actually giddy at all.
      And Bob may well NOT be your uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        • there but for the grace of god go I
        • for god's sake
        • thank heavens

These phrases are so much a part of our language and upbringing that I'd bet even that twat Dawkins finds himself using them occasionally. What are the atheist alternatives?
        I don't see why there is a problem with an atheist using those phrases. A christian could be offended by "for god's sake" - One of the 10 commandments says Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

I can say what I want because I'm an atheist, thank god.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

At school we used to swear without swearing, simple expressions such as "Oh my cod", "Yesus Kraut", and others that I can't remember because I am getting old.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
          X