• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Englishness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Scottish government may do what the US government does - tax people on their world wide income if they have a Scottish passport.

In fact if Mr Salmond doesn't think of it I will write to him to suggest it - it's only fair.
    That will piss Sean Connery off. Let's see you vote for independence now, Mr Bond.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The Scottish government may do what the US government does - tax people on their world wide income if they have a Scottish passport.

In fact if Mr Salmond doesn't think of it I will write to him to suggest it - it's only fair.
      #

He even manages to make Gordon Brown look intelligent, he really does provide a credible reason for eugenics
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I don't think Sean knows what country he is in these days.

I do suspect he is going to take on for the team and die just before the referendum, then we will get a flood of 'Sean's message from the grave' type stuff from the SNP.

Comment

I think there is so much money in sport, or success in sport now, that the idea of any team not using any and everything to give them even a slight, even perceived advantage is quite laughable.

I remember Australians lambasting us for using Saffers in our cricket team, but now look at their rugby union and league teams. Even this summers ashes featured a Pakistani whom they fast tracked through their residency conditions. Kiwis have been up to it for years.

I think Wilshere's suggestion is old fashioned, if not a touch naive. I'd also look at most people and ask them if they thought they were 100% english, as I know I am not, nor my wife, and you'd imagine us to be english as english could be.

Sorry, I just saw this in the footie gossip pages and it made me think how apt; I bet this discussion didn't happen in Norway, or maybe in one prison in Norway....

Feyenoord's Norway international midfielder Harmeet Singh, 22, has put English clubs on alert by declaring he wants to play in the Premier League.
          Last edited by Hairy; 10 October 2013, 17:27.

Comment

Working...
          X