Why am I constantly asked to send my latest CV when it's right in front of them? Why am I constantly asked to send my latest CV when it's right in front of them?
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Nervous Newbie

bigugly has no reputation

Default Why am I constantly asked to send my latest CV when it's right in front of them?

What's with recruiters asking for the latest CV? I mean I get that they need it but "please send over your latest CV" is kind of the opening line of every recruiter I speak to. Even though I've just applied for a position, and obviously attached my latest CV to the application (and they're calling me using the number on my CV!!). Is it just how they say g'mornin' or is there some deep and sinister meaning that I'm unaware of?

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

they are hoping for one with references on!

Probably they can't detach the CV from the application system so want it as an attachment in a mail.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

northernladuk is always on top

Because they get CV's from job boards, off their systems etc and they are often out of date. It is also an opportunity for you to send the best tailored one for the role and just not your generic one. They call me off the number they got of my CV's that are 2 years out of date. It's hardly a big deal.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

It's a test. If you can't deal with thicko agents you've got no chance when it comes to the customers.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Because they have to pay the job boards to download your cv.
    They get your contact details off an old cv, or you are in their database for some reason.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because they get CV's from job boards, off their systems etc and they are often out of date. It is also an opportunity for you to send the best tailored one for the role and just not your generic one. They call me off the number they got of my CV's that are 2 years out of date. It's hardly a big deal.
    WHS. An agent would be negligent not to double check they have your most recent CV.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Contractor Among Contractors

Contreras has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    It's a test. If you can't deal with thicko agents you've got no chance when it comes to the customers.
    lol. That rings so true.

I have a simple web page with my CV available as a PDF download, I put a URL in my profiles on the various job boards, I put a clickable link to it from my LinkedIn profile, Google my name and 'CV' and it's #1 hit, and even the PDF itself has a clickable link to download the latest version - yet agents still feel the need to ask for an updated copy.