• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd SMS message re car I have advertised on gumtree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's a new Beetle not an old one. A VW Golf shaped like a clown's car. It was great for commuting but we can't really justify two cars anymore. I will miss the flower vase and won't have anywhere to play my Steeleye Span tapes anymore.
    Oh, god. They are genuinely the most awful car on the road [IMO]. Bloody travesty. No, then.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    My dad bought one new, before I was born. He saw it in the car park at work about 10 years after he sold it and tried to buy it back, but the guy said no.
    Yes, my Dad sold my favourite one when I was about, I think, 12. I cried for days. Then about 6 months ago I saw it driving past me near where we used to live, so we're trying to find out who owns it.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Do you want me to ask if he's single?
      He might want OP's car. Can't imagine him wanting my cleaner

Comment

Working...
      X