• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd SMS message re car I have advertised on gumtree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd SMS message re car I have advertised on gumtree

Have a car advertised on gumtree. Just got an SMS, which shows the recipient's name - let's say Fred, but it has no associated phone no. Message asks me to email them. It seems a bit odd. How do you send an SMS showing a name but no phone no.?

And does anyone in the Midlands area want to buy an 11 year old VW Beetle?

LMGTFY

Can I send a text message without showing my number? | eHow UK

how about if you want "up to the value of your car" - webuyanycar.com?

seriously you might get more if you find some VW enthusiasts, I suspect that's old enough to just about be interesting to them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      LMGTFY

Can I send a text message without showing my number? | eHow UK

how about if you want "up to the value of your car" - webuyanycar.com?

seriously you might get more if you find some VW enthusiasts, I suspect that's old enough to just about be interesting to them.
      Thanks. I've had the text off webuyanycar but I'm hoping for the value of the car rather than up to the value.

Comment

VWOCGB | Cars For Sale

or similar?

Beetle's are still hot for Girls?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Beetle's are still hot for Girls?
          F***ing pieces of tulip
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            And does anyone in the Midlands area want to buy an 11 year old VW Beetle?
            Yeeessss!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Yeeessss!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My Dad used to do up Beetle's and show them. I love 'em, but perhaps not for commuting
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  My Dad used to do up Beetle's and show them. I love 'em, but perhaps not for commuting
                  Don't you find the hideous noise they make rattles your eyeballs so you start seeing things double?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Don't you find the hideous noise they make rattles your eyeballs so you start seeing things double?
                    Deffo. We drove home from Cornwall once without a clutch, too. But I loved the way they smelt and sounded, and I loved 'helping' my Dad fix them up!
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X