• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekendio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Enjoyed that on the one occasion I had it in a restaurant and have never been able to find a good recipe.
    The basis for mine although there will be a couple of changes:

400g chicken breast or boneless chicken thigh
    3 tbsp veggie oil
    1 tsp each of coriander and cumin seeds
    2 cardamom pods
    1 large red onion, chopped finely (I'm using a few red shallotts)
    1 tsp each of garlic and ginger
    2 tomatoes, chopped roughly
    1 tsp red chilli powder
    1 tsp sea salt
    ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp dried fenugreek
    1 tsp ground garam masala powder
    50 grams Greek yoghurt
    1 tbsp desiccated coconut

To garnish:

Handful of coriander leaves
    2 green chillis, chopped finely

to cook:

Heat the oil in a on medium heat and add the cardamom, coriander and cumin seeds. Once they pop, add the onions and stir fry until brown.
    Add the ginger and garlic and cook until the raw smell of the garlic leaves the pan. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft and oil starts to rise to the top, you may need to add a splash of water to avoid the tomatoes from burning.
    Next add the chicken, garam masala powder, salt and red chilli. Stir fry until chicken is half cooked. Add the fenugreek and yoghurt.
    Once the chicken is done, add the desiccated coconut and stir through. Serve garnished with chopped coriander and green chilli
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Last night: whisky tasting
      Today: usual market n' stuff and celebrating our cloggy house purchase
      Tomorrow: F1 and browsing kitchen stuff for new house and cooking ( venison with port jus, chanterelles and new season squash).
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I forgot how much I bloody hate London.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Nice day?

Comment

What's wrong with London apart from people?

Ended up at the cinema and saw Sunshine on Leith. Could someone explain why Edinburgh (which I can't stand) actually looks like a nice place to visit in that film.

The joke about going shopping in Glasgow was funny tho.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              What's wrong with London apart from people?

Ended up at the cinema and saw Sunshine on Leith. Could someone explain why Edinburgh (which I can't stand) actually looks like a nice place to visit in that film.

The joke about going shopping in Glasgow was funny tho.
              Want to see that - I love the Proclaimers

Edinburgh's beautiful - what's not to like?

Comment

Its only the people I hate. Just travelling home on the train with a sleeping boy and a massive bag to carry at the other end somehow.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

How was the Natural History Museum? I only live half a mile from there, and you'd have been welcome to come back for a cup of tea of something. But I was away for a wedding in Hampshire all day saturday.

It's interesting to hear from occasional visitors whether they think London has changed since their last visit, probably for the worst. A woman I was talking to at the reception visited Fulham for the first time in several years, and she reckons it is now more scary and "intense" (her word).
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    How was the Natural History Museum? I only live half a mile from there, and you'd have been welcome to come back for a cup of tea of something. But I was away for a wedding in Hampshire all day saturday.

It's interesting to hear from occasional visitors whether they think London has changed since their last visit, probably for the worst. A woman I was talking to at the reception visited Fulham for the first time in several years, and she reckons it is now more scary and "intense" (her word).
                    I was born in London and lived there until I was 27. Quite honestly it is far nicer in many ways now , cleaner, public transport is better, lots of areas that were really grim redeveloped. The IRA didnt help. But though I try not to be disconcerted by the fact I can walk around my old home area for a considerable time without hearing a word of English, it is alienating. Mind you my aged parents have had a variety of foreign neighbours over the years and they have never had a problem with any of them, except the period of australian students who tended to have all night parties.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

We didn't see much of it [the museum] as I was only really allowed to look at the dinosaur bit. But, we loved what we saw. Beautiful building.

In all seriousness, I love London - seeing all the tourists makes me feel proud to be English; there is some beautiful architecture. My son loves the people watching on the tube and finds it all very novel.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X