• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One years guarantee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Y

What I'm saying now is a lot of Internet retailers try to offer no after sales service now, just "contact the manufacturer for repair". Despite the law being clear.

And hope the Sheep put up with it.
    Chargeback!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes, it is cheap and nasty, but I wanted to try Android without a big outlay.

What I'm saying now is a lot of Internet retailers offer no after sales service now, just "contact the manufacturer for repair".

In the old days you'd take it back to the shop, show it didn't work and pick up another.
      That's because their margins were big enough, to allow that

The problem is that people want cheap goods on the internet undercutting high street prices, but expect the same level of service
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        That's because their margins were big enough, to allow that

The problem is that people want cheap goods on the internet undercutting high street prices, but expect the same level of service
        I don't set their margins, they do, if they can't run a service at that price put it up. I expect them to obey the law and not try to avoid it by misrepresentation.

If I buy at a third of the price from China they just send me another one if it fails.

Same with Amazon.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When I had issues with an intermittent fault on a laptop from eBuyer, they told me the same thing.

I waited until the fault appeared, and videoed it so that I had the evidence, and then sent it back. They initially said that there was no fault, so I sent them the URL to the uploaded video showing the fault.

They refunded the laptop, but I needed to have another moan before they refunded the carriage charge as well.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            When I had issues with an intermittent fault on a laptop from eBuyer, they told me the same thing.

I waited until the fault appeared, and videoed it so that I had the evidence, and then sent it back. They initially said that there was no fault, so I sent them the URL to the uploaded video showing the fault.

They refunded the laptop, but I needed to have another moan before they refunded the carriage charge as well.
            That's a good idea. I will use my £700 iPhone to take the video. So glad I bought Apple.

Comment

Quick moan about so called guarantee.

Bought a cheap Android tablet.

Zoostorm PlayTab PC - Tablets | Ebuyer.com

It's now broken (intermittent fault with lines on screen).

Well, according to ebuyer I have to send it to ZooStorm.

They say "sure, we will fix it, however read our T&C's before you do".

Basically. If they find no fault they bill me £70. If they believe the item has suffered physical damage, they bill me £70.

Feck right off.

So bought a Nook HD+ and chucked the playtab in a drawer.
              Saw you coming
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X