• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iMac 27 inch died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iMac 27 inch died

Just now Cheap Chinese tulipe - that will be my first and last Apple product.
    Strangely enough the Windows partition boots up OK
    And as I used to use Windows more (stats software didn't work on Apple OS) , luckily that is where most of my stuff was stored.
    Just retrieved anything important that I might not have backed up in the first place.

iMac crap - RIP - 2010-2013. Was using it as monitor for my super duper Lenovo X1 laptop, so no big loss.

Anyone recommend a 27 inch monitor they've got, money no object?
    Last edited by sasguru; 11 October 2013, 13:59.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Lenovo - IdeaCentre A730 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Comment

Just need a monitor not an all in one.
      And not too bright, crisp and clear, as it's for work purposes rather than gaming or films.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Just now Cheap Chinese tulipe - that will be my first and last Apple product.
        You're supposed to understand statistics, what kind of moron makes a decision on a single data point?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You're supposed to understand statistics, what kind of moron makes a decision on a single data point?
          Known issue, it turns out, you thick, mediocre, poor, God-bothering loon.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

should be repairable then assuming you had applecare. Take it into your local apple store and they will fix it for either free or very little....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hard disk failure rate on iMac is shocking it turns out.
              Anyone who has one I recommend backing up your HD pronto.

PS> Was meant to get an email from Apple offering to replace the HD apparently which didn't happen.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                should be repairable then assuming you had applecare. Take it into your local apple store and they will fix it for either free or very little....
                Don't think I'll bother.
                I've got the stuff off I need and a good 27 inch monitor, which in effect was its function, is cheap as chips
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

What kind of moron buys something without checking these things first?

What kind of moron doesn't just get Apple to fix the fault?

All the answers are: you
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    What kind of moron buys something without checking these things first?

What kind of moron doesn't just get Apple to fix the fault?

All the answers are: you
                    You stick to your Dixon's Mitsui value range, it's all you'll ever be able to afford.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X