• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad news (for some)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news (for some)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/i...fshore-evasion

Pity there's no agreement between the UK and the rest of Europe.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

On its way: Exchange of tax information &ndash; new EU rules, June 2013
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I fear this isn't the step towards simplification and consolidation of tax regimes in Europe we might, as contractors, appreciate.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This is why, from 2015, countries will also be required to exchange information on individuals’ income earned from employment, directors' fees, life insurance, pensions and property.
          This already happens in the continent. If you try to open a bank account in, say, Germany and you're bankrupt in the Netherlands, the bank knows. At least so I was told by my then-manager in NL-land.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
          X