• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Following the RM fiasco, I've got a shade under 5k in cash sitting in a stocks and shares ISA.
    New shoes and evening dress?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I see. I didn't know you could do that. I have a L&G Asia Index Tracker stocks and shares ISA, and a new European managed fund one. I just signed up, you don't have to do any more. The former went up 11% in the last year, so much much better than a deposit account, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't start the European one a year ago as it's gone up about 25%.

Presumably if you're picking your own shares you're going to spend a lot more time keeping an eye on things. I've done quite well at completely ignoring mine so not to be tempted to raid it.
      That's why a managed fund and/or a tracker is good. You can forget about it.

Think I'll go for a mixture.

Comment

£5k in Peru will buy you a kilo of the good stuff. Then all you need is to fly home, mix it with baking soda and sell it on the streets of Reading to being in a tidy profit.
        I have arranged for someone to meet you in Lima. I'll go halves with you and pay for the flight, you just need to go and get it.

Easy money.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's why a managed fund and/or a tracker is good. You can forget about it.

Think I'll go for a mixture.
          At the moment all of mine are in actual shares, rather than funds, means I have to do a bit of research and find out whats good and whats not, I like to think I am doing well, with dividends reinvested I am up 28.59% since August 2012
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Might need to understand GSK's situation at the moment. They have just released news of a malaria vaccine that might be in use by 2015. I don't know if this should have inflated their share price at the moment of it will only affect the share price when it gets released so needs looking in to IMO. They could be the crest of a wave at the moment.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Might need to understand GSK's situation at the moment. They have just released news of a malaria vaccine that might be in use by 2015. I don't know if this should have inflated their share price at the moment of it will only affect the share price when it gets released so needs looking in to IMO. They could be the crest of a wave at the moment.
              The news did nothing to the share price (I upped my stake on the news in anticipation of the approval but as you said its not for a few years) I am looking to have about 15% of my total holdings in GSK with an acerage purchase price of 1410p compared to last closing of 1554p
              Last edited by SimonMac; 12 October 2013, 13:57.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                New shoes and evening dress?
                I haven't been anywhere that requires evening dress for over six years...

Comment

Comment

Silver.
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      It's because she's a naturist. Sometimes I don't know where to look when we go out cycling.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X