• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter

Made it to 88. Screwed the pooch as far as NASA was concerned and only flew once in space but still a guy with cojones for me.

If y'all haven't watched it do yerself a favour and watch The Right Stuff.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Made it to 88. Screwed the pooch as far as NASA was concerned and only flew once in space but still a guy with cojones for me.

If y'all haven't watched it do yerself a favour and watch The Right Stuff.
    Indeed. Only John Glenn left...

Comment

Is it true the Thunderbirds pilots were all named after the Mercury 7 Astros?

The american space program is certainly worth a study. Incredible stuff.
      And the russian program equally fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
        Yes Scott, Virgil, Alan, Gordon, and John.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
          I'd forgotten that. Yes, yes they were. Although I didn't know it was only Mercury. Scott, Virgil, Gordon, John, um, and the other one. Alan was it? I refuse to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I'd forgotten that. Yes, yes they were. Although I didn't know it was only Mercury. Scott, Virgil, Gordon, John, um, and the other one. Alan was it? I refuse to look it up.
            Alan Shephard. I only know that cos in the 80's I worked with a guy called Alan Shepherd, not the same one, whilst he was no astronaut, but he was the only one in the office who could work the comptometer aka The Whizz Bang...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Alan Shephard. I only know that cos in the 80's I worked with a guy called Alan Shepherd, not the same one, whilst he was no astronaut, but he was the only one in the office who could work the comptometer aka The Whizz Bang...
              Ah yes, it's coming back to me. Wasn't Alan Shephard the one who hit a golf ball on the moon?

Comment

Working...
              X