• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E Mail etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell them you do not reply because you are concerned about our planet.

Can't be arsed to Google it but the power consumption caused by unecessary emails around the world must be enough to power a small city.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Tell them you do not reply because you are concerned about our planet.

Can't be arsed to Google it but the power consumption caused by unecessary emails around the world must be enough to power a small city.
      "No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, millions of electrons were greatly inconvenienced."

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        "No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, millions of electrons were greatly inconvenienced."
        "Please consider the environment before printing^Hwasting disk space with unnecessary signature text."
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          but the chief emailer, always asks me , 'did you see that email'
          I say no. When they ask why, I tell them it's either cos I turn my email off to avoid distraction or I have a rule that files everything they send into a folder called 'useless crap'. Depending on my mood.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Photoshop an image of him hanging from a lamppost and email it to him, cc-ing everyone else. Then lean over and ask if he saw your email.

Comment

Working...
            X