• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And I'm spent - Scooter enjoys a beer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Shame, although I never understand people who take risk to their life like that. Fear is there for a reason.
    If they died doing what they wanted to do then I have no problem with that. I always remember this quote from Bob Dylan when I do something that maybe deemed risky or I'm scared of doing - “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do”.

Sorry to hear about your friend SS.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      No, I wouldn't climb mountains (apart from being too old),.
      Hiking is great, as is scrambling up a mountain. I'm not a climber myself. Many a hill walker I'd see airlifted from my time growing up in the north west coast.

If you're going to go hiking the rule is you don't take your eyes off the ground. If you want to look at the view stop walking! You'd be surprised the number of hillwalkers who come a cropper for exactly not following this simple rule.

I agree about the exhilaration, when skiing at speed your mind is operating at full speed. The second you don't concentrate is the same second your face is in the snow or ice.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There is a theory doing the rounds that Males product large amounts of Adrenaline for a good reason, namely being able to take on a Sabre Toothed Tiger in the defense of his offspring. This patently does not translate into the 'modern' world, and an awfully large number of laws are designed to curb it's effects. Having a pressure relief valve is a mighty important thing.

Comment

Working...
        X