• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modern man vs Real man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern man vs Real man

I was walking out of work the other day when I spotted one of my stakeholders wearing matching canvas shoes and t-shirt, both precisely the same shade of blackcurrant.

Naturally I remarked on this as either amazing coincidence or the chap indeed had way too much time on his hands to worry about colour coordination as he was a "bloke".

Chatting this over with SY02 the other night and she was on the side of my fancy pants. Apparently modern man does such things as colour coordinate.

Yes I said, but I bet he couldn't put up a shelf!

Thankfully there's folks like MTT in the world who don't colour coordinate, proper mans men.

What say the panel? Are you a bunch of moisturising, colour matching, pattern adorning "modern men" or pint swilling, dart throwing "mans men"?
    I'm a modern, perfume wearing, louis vuetton man bag kind of guy
    21.05%
    I'm a mans man, wanna fight?
    57.89%
    I'm a hermaphrodite
    5.26%
    AndyW's mum dresses me
    15.79%
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I moisturise.

It's to keep my scales shiny.

HTH.
    Seeing as you're huge, and scaley with enormous teeth, it's ok
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm of the "Gene Hunt" school of thought when it comes to dress sense.

Comment

Of course real men coordinate. You can't turn up to work with shoes that don't match.

And more seriously, choosing a tie and cufflinks that complements your suit/shirt are hardly the sign of a nancy boy.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Of course real men coordinate. You can't turn up to work with shoes that don't match.

And more seriously, choosing a tie and cufflinks that complements your suit/shirt are hardly the sign of a nancy boy.
          WHS
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Men need to get back to being men, in my opinion. Slap a bit of cream on your face if you think you need it, but don't start taking longer in the bathroom than me. That's not on.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Vuitton
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I was walking out of work the other day when I spotted one of my stakeholders wearing matching canvas shoes and t-shirt, both precisely the same shade of blackcurrant.

Naturally I remarked on this as either amazing coincidence or the chap indeed had way too much time on his hands to worry about colour coordination as he was a "bloke".

Chatting this over with SY02 the other night and she was on the side of my fancy pants. Apparently modern man does such things as colour coordinate.

Yes I said, but I bet he couldn't put up a shelf!

Thankfully there's folks like MTT in the world who don't colour coordinate, proper mans men.

What say the panel? Are you a bunch of moisturising, colour matching, pattern adorning "modern men" or pint swilling, dart throwing "mans men"?
                Real mean are like Windows NT, we only see in 16 colours and Blackcurrant ain't one of them!

I use a combined facial scrub and shave gel, thats about it, my belt doesn't match my shoes and I have no idea what the difference between water and moisturiser is!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Men need to get back to being men, in my opinion. Slap a bit of cream on your face if you think you need it, but don't start taking longer in the bathroom than me. That's not on.
                  That's your real issue?
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Sheep still fear me.

Better go and brush my teeth it's after 10am for smegs sake.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X