Missed this one - on benefits & proud Missed this one - on benefits & proud
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 49

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Default Missed this one - on benefits & proud

On Benefits & Proud | On Benefits & Proud | Channel 5

With a fifth of every pound we pay in tax going directly to support benefit claimants, not everyone is happy with who gets what.
    Mum of 11 Heather, 37, has been branded one of Britain's biggest benefits scroungers. Heather and her supersized family live in two knocked-through council houses on the outskirts of Gloucester. Her income on benefits is double what most people in Britain earn – in fact, you would need a £60k+ a year job to match it.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Mother of 11, Heather 37, needs to have her fanny sown up

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

Easy solution, the state pays for the first two children, if they can't afford the rest they get taken away for adoption and their benefits get stopped
    Doing the needful since 1827

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Mother of 11, Heather 37, needs to have her fanny sown up
    After 11 kids there would be no need for parking sensors if you needed to park your car in there.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Mum of 11 Heather, 37, has been branded one of Britain's biggest benefits scroungers. Heather and her supersized family live in two knocked-through council houses on the outskirts of Gloucester. Her income on benefits is double what most people in Britain earn – in fact, you would need a £60k+ a year job to match it.
    So what, exactly? There are 12/13 people to support, so the story is 12 people earn benefits equivalent to one person on a £60k job.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Urine is quite nourishing

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    Easy solution, the state pays for the first two children, if they can't afford the rest they get taken away for adoption and their benefits get stopped
    WHS, but dunno about the second bit; perhaps charities would step in to help for the sake of the kids. But it can''t be unreasonable to put some limit on the amount of benefits people can recieve otherwise the whole system becomes unsustainable; this is not what the welfare state was made for.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Obstinate Git

Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    So what, exactly? There are 12/13 people to support, so the story is 12 people earn benefits equivalent to one person on a £60k job.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

Something has to give, in a one generation we've gone from girls being kicked out of the family home for falling pregnant unmarried, to having babies being seen as a legitimate career in itself
    Doing the needful since 1827

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    How is this a solution? If they keep having kids who keep being taken away, they might still have loads of kids and now the state is still having to look after them, only now we have a proliferation of orphanages.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Urine is quite nourishing

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    you have people working hard and deciding they can't afford a baby or a second one. This family create 11 kids who will perpetuate the genre.

The sad bit was the Liverpool based one's daughter finally got a job selling mobile phone contracts and the mother turned round and said you are silly you will get more on the Dole.

we have to decide that we don't make dole pay.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.