• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegetarian recipe to impress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they fish eaters?

Nice fish dish if they are...

Comment

I thought he said vegetarians?

Comment

My experience of vegetarian food is that the resulting farts are usually very impressive.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy View Post
          I'd go wild mushroom risotto. Magic.
          You can't feed them magic mushrooms. Well, maybe you can. But see my earlier comment about farts.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            My experience of vegetarian food is that the resulting farts are usually very impressive.
            Even after a vegetarian curry?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Gazpacho shots with garlic and Parmesan croutons

Roasted Tomato soup with Basil purée

Moroccan roast vegetables with lemon and mint couscous

Tarte Tatin with vanilla custard

If the guests are ovo/lacto veggies or vegans then butter can be replaced with margarine for the pastry and caramel, and lose the cheese on the croutons. Use full fat soy milk in place of cows milk for the custard and make with custard powder, just don't make it too thick.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Didn't Nick post a Monday link about a bloke who ground up bacon and fed it to vegans?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Even after a vegetarian curry?
                  Anything with the words "3 bean" in it is a safe bet.

Comment

Your moral duty is to covert them.

Give each one of them one of these wobbly slabs of steamed tofu with some green leaves.

and one of these for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Didn't Nick post a Monday link about a bloke who ground up bacon and fed it to vegans?
                      My wife, when I met her, was a veggie, and to impress her, I cooked a veggie asian dish, including satay veggies and loads of other items, okra, lots of stuff. Then, as we were eating it, she was asking me about the sauces and I realised I was using Thai fish sauce in some, and oyster sauce in others.

She did take it well, better than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X