• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My name is David Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Did you even read what you quoted? 960 MILLION people speak Mandarin. i.e. nearly everyone in China can speak Mandarin. That is more than double the population of the UK, USA and Australasia put together.

Probably enough to be going on with.
    Population of China = 1,360,530,000 so approx 40,053,000 can't and they'll be the ones doing the support :-) And I'll quote again:

Mandarin (simplified Chinese: 官话; traditional Chinese: 官話; pinyin: Guānhuà; literally "speech of officials") is a group of related varieties of Chinese spoken across most of northern and southwestern China. Because most Mandarin dialects are found in the north, the group is also referred to, particularly among Chinese speakers, as the "northern dialect(s)" (simplified Chinese: 北方话; traditional Chinese: 北方話; pinyin: Běifānghuà). When the Mandarin group is taken as one language, as is often done in academic literature, it has more native speakers (nearly a billion) than any other language.

A northeastern-dialect speaker and a southwestern-dialect speaker may have difficulty communicating except through the standard language, mainly because of the differences in tone. Nonetheless, the variation within Mandarin is less significant than the much greater variation found within several other varieties of Chinese; this is thought to be due to a relatively recent spread of Mandarin across China, combined with a greater ease of travel and communication compared to the more mountainous south of China.
    So there's even differences in Mandarin. I'm actually trying to point out that Boris, David, et. al. are not interested in you, your job, your livelihood, etc. but in themselves, their bank account, their ego, etc.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I'm actually trying to point out that Boris, David, et. al. are not interested in you, your job, your livelihood, etc. but in themselves, their bank account, their ego, etc.
      How are they different from you in this respect?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        How are they different from you in this respect?
        Because you voted for them to care about you, apparently...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Call him - Snake.

Comment

Working...
          X