• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice restaurant in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Hawksmoor isn't posh. It's a nice place to go for a steak and chips.

I would say;

Gauthier Soho - beautiful food, very posh.
    L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, upstairs for dinner, downstairs at the bar for lunch.
    Le Gavroche - everyone should go at least once.
    Seconded. Le Gavroche is a must.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

My mum wound't want steak, she'd not have the teeth for it! Poor dear. Think what she'd want.

Nice food comes in small portions, plenty courses. I'd look up the Michelin star restaurants, I'm sure they're ten a penny in London.

For the latest and greatest, what's new etc.. I'd refer you to the The List It's an excellent up to date guide of restaurants that are reviewed by secret dinners.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Budget - say £200 or so a head.

There's an italian restaurant only minutes from the house, they serve some of the best food I've ever tasted in my life. We're there twice a month easily. A main course for my wife & I usually comes in at €50-60.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          My mum wound't want steak, she'd not have the teeth for it! Poor dear. Think what she'd want.
          He's not taking your mum to dinner though.

Unless...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
            Budget - say £200 or so a head.

There's an italian restaurant only minutes from the house, they serve some of the best food I've ever tasted in my life. We're there twice a month easily. A main course for my wife & I usually comes in at €50-60.
            £200 includes a blow job under the table.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I wouldn't take any recommendations about what constitutes good food from a lower-class Scottish pleb.
              Besides its only 50-60 for you because they can see a mug a mile away, for their regulars, it's 20-30.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Always good fun: Untitled Document

But first here: Hot Tub Cinema - an unforgettable experience

Yet to try but friends tel me this is good: Chateau Marmot
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Fifteen is a favourite of ours although nowhere near the price apparently being considered.

Maze Grill (just off Hyde Park on Park Lane or Mayfair - I can't remember but a posh Monopoly square) would cost nearer that level if you're having a proper 3 courses without looking at the prices. Basically all about the steak.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    The Hawksmoor is my favourite. Best steak you will ever have.
                    Yes the hawksmoor is good but one of the waiters as good as told my wife off for not wanting to finish the steak she had ordered. It was very awkward to have to explain that you are happy to pay for a big steak when the smaller ones have gone...

Those in the West Country not wishing to head to London for a cow chop should try The Herd in bath it's equally as good as the hawksmoor and not as stuffy.

If I was looking for something special I might suggest you look at Jamie Oliver's BBQ place near St. Paul's....

Comment

My current favourite Browns Hotel

This link is better Hix Mayfair
                      Last edited by Jubber; 19 October 2013, 16:43. Reason: better link

Comment

Working...
                      X