• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 12 most liveable cities in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just realized I've been to all of those cities except Belfast. No reason to go.
    Don't go is my advice. Backwards and bonkers, lovely people though.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That lot makes for grime reading. So much for Bristol:

Stapleton Road, Bristol

Why is it dodgy? The People newspaper named this terrifying road in Bristol’s Easton district ‘Junkie Street’, while its locals dub it ‘Crackhead Alley’ — both aren’t far off the mark. The statistics speak for themselves; 915 crimes in seven months and an average of four stabbings, muggings, burglaries or thefts everyday. A cesspit of moral decay, this stretch of syringe-littered tarmac is run by killers, drug addicts, hookers and pimps – while its law-abiding residents peak nervously from behind lace curtains. The M32 road runs directly though Stapleton Road, meaning dodgy deals can be conducted all too easily. If you’re lucky enough to make it from one end to the other, do yourself a favour and don’t come back.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        That lot makes for grime reading. So much for Bristol:
        So basically Bristol is tulip then:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Belfast is interesting.

Then again it could have been the alcohol.......
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Glasgow's nice. I think I've been to Bristol when scoping out universities and it was only memorable as being nowhere near as nice as Bath.

There's no point discussing London as it is so varied, as are the reasons people go there.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              3. Cardiff - never been
              Great place, pubs full of folks on Stag and Hen nights or gangs of girls who come down from the valleeees for a good night out.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

You should go. It's a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  Having grown up in Bristol I have to say this survey must have been fooked right up.

Liveable? The place is a ******* tulip pit full of filthy ******* chavs and retarded council house dwelling scum. The council have gone all out to make driving anywhere so ******* painful that it's just not worth it and the schools are among the worst in the country.

Liveable my arse!

I moved to a town on the border of Cardiff 9 years ago. Cardiff is 10*better then Bristol.
                  Having spent almost my entire working life in Bristol and Cardiff I don't think there's much between them (I like them both). Every city has good and bad areas and I can't believe anyone is naive enough to think there's a city in the UK that's any different in that respect.

Funny enough I used to work with a guy who'd moved to Bristol from Cardiff for pretty much the same reasons you describe.

As for Bath yes it's pretty in places but not really liveable unless you're fabulously rich.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

There must be at least 11 reasons on that list NOT to live in a city...

And Bradford is on there? The only way Bradford could make that list in 12th would be if we only had 11 cities in the country... Bradford?!!?? Jesus.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      There must be at least 11 reasons on that list NOT to live in a city...

And Bradford is on there? The only way Bradford could make that list in 12th would be if we only had 11 cities in the country... Bradford?!!?? Jesus.
                      Is it worse than Luton ?
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X