• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency upset that no-one wants his jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    The paper of record, The Metro, pointed out that the jobs on offer were night shifts starting 4 hours later on the day he placed the ad.

+1

Usual Daily Wail nonsense
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Obviously operating with blue chip and high end clients.....

Still it looks better than SimonMac Ltd
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The description "owner of a recruitment agency" suggests that the answer to your question is "Yes"
        You beat me to it
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Obviously operating with blue chip and high end clients.....

Isn't that the Northern equivalent to the Shard?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

In countries without benefits, there would be a queue of people waiting for work... happens in America where each morning agencies are crowded with labourers hoping for a day's work, etc.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              In countries without benefits, there would be a queue of people waiting for work... happens in America where each morning agencies are crowded with labourers hoping for a day's work, etc.
              And if you can't get work because there's none to be had then you're screwed. It's very easy to be dumped in a skip as economically unviable in the US. It also allows employers to pay as little as possible while exploiting the absolute lack of job security to screw the very last shred of work out of someone. Rampant capitalism at its worst with no effective safety net.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                And if you can't get work because there's none to be had then you're screwed. It's very easy to be dumped in a skip as economically unviable in the US. It also allows employers to pay as little as possible while exploiting the absolute lack of job security to screw the very last shred of work out of someone. Rampant capitalism at its worst with no effective safety net.
                indeed the other side of the coin.

I'm all for workfare, but benefit refusal is scary.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  Minimum wage exists to try and combat this, but of course when there are lots of illegals looking for cash in hand I imagine this doesn't get met anyway.

Not defending the US system in my previous post - it's the other side of the coin. You want a benefits system where people are queuing to get work as if they will starve without it, but are then provided for if they cannot get work.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Really? Let's see; Baltimore is, I believe, a city with a pretty high level of unemployment. A big temping agency there is called "Labor Ready" ("Dependable Temporary Labour. Call Today! 1-800-24-LABOR"). Let's have a look at their office on Annapolis:

Hmm, that's odd; where are they all? Let's try Reiserstown:

No, not there either. How about Eastern?

This seems very odd. Maybe they've all gone to the Erdman office:

No, not there either, and I can't see their sign

Oh hang on:

They must have been so busy they had to move to larger premises with more free parking space to accommodate all the people queuing up for tulip minimum wage temp jobs. Yes, that'll be it

Comment

Or, all the labourers literally starved to death from not having money to spend on food.

Comment

Working...
                      X